Guiding Principles (Informal Process)
The College District encourages students to discuss their concerns with the appropriate instructor or other campus administrator who has the authority to address the concerns. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level. Informal resolution shall be encouraged but shall not extend any deadlines in this policy, except by mutual written consent.
Nature of Complaints
- Complaints alleging bullying, discrimination or harassment based on race, color, sex, gender, national origin, disability, age or religion. (See ACC Policy , FFE, FFDA and FFDB)
- Complaints concerning retaliation relating to discrimination and harassment. (See ACC Policy, FFDA and FFDB)
- Complaints concerning disciplinary decisions. See ACC Policy, FMA)
- Complaints concerning a commissioned peace officer who is an employee of the College District. (See ACC Policy, CHA)
- Complaints concerning grades. (See ACC Policy, FLDB)
Click here to submit an anonymous complaint.
Texas SB 968 requires the option to allow an individual to make an anonymous complaint regarding an allegation of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence or stalking committed against or witnessed regardless of the location in which the alleged offense occurred.
After exhausting the Alvin Community College’s grievance/complaint process, current, former, and prospective students may initiate a complaint with THECB by sending the required forms either by electronic mail to StudentComplaints@thecb.state.tx.us or by mail to:
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
College Readiness and Success Division
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, Texas 78711-2788
Click the link to review Texas Administrative Code, (19 Administrative Code Chapter 1,Subchapter E).